2008. november 18., kedd

Public transport - from an other point of view


I have never really liked travelling by bus but I have always been too lazy to walk to school in the morning. Actually when I had to go early to school (early means before 8 a.m.) I usually woke up on the bus. I've never really cared about the other people around me. In Kaposvár I knew most of them when I was travelling home or to school.

Here in Pécs it's totally different. I can say it is interesting for me. I travel by bus at least twice a day when I am here. I sit down if I can and while I am listening to some music I am watching the other people. Usually I see students and old people. It is funny guessing who they are, what do they do judging by their outfit. I often see students with drawings, studio and stand cameras, musical instruments and tote bags, and I wonder how talented they can be in what they do or how important it can be for them. Maybe later one or more of them will be a well-known artist, a notoriety or a famous sportsman. Who knows? When I don't listen to music I can hear interesting conversations by students, usually about the university and sometimes about parties and teachers as well. :D

Sometimes it can be really annoying travelling by bus. For example when old people think that the seats are made only for them. I always stand up when I see them, so don't think I am rude, but since I am here I have heard old ladies shouting many times with other old ladies because they couldn't sit down. They were quarelling about who will take the seat. It was crazy and happened not just once. It can be very pesky. So we can meet many kinds of people on the bus. Sometimes it is funny, sometimes it isn't, but I usually find a reason to laugh or at least to smile. :D Except in Budapest. The last time I was there and used public transport we were having fun and laughing with my friend but after a while we stopped, because the others were staring at us. It was like in a graveyard or I don't know. Kind of depressing moral.

Anyway, the gestures of other people, the way they behave with strangers or the way they look at you, can tell many things about their personality. It is maybe a bit philosophical, but I often try reading from faces,eyes because I am interested in how did this people get to where they are now. Why are they rude with others or why are they so polite? Maybe because they were taught to be polite, or they are rude because they are in a bad mood. You never know... It happens often that you think you know someone and suddenly you realise that you are mistaken. On one of my lessons we had a discussion about this 'mask' thing. I heard a saying which sounds like 'You get up in the morning and paint on a mask, this is a part of your daily costume.' Some people agree with this, some don't. I can only say that in certain situations this mask comes off and it can be amazing but horrifying as well, for example at a 'bus-situation'.

So after this short analysis I only wonder what do other people may think about me? :D

Take care!

5 megjegyzés:

Unknown írta...

I should first see you on a bus, I guess, to be able to say. :) Which is your favorite line? I seldom use public transit in Pécs -- usually only when winter gets real harsh, and I don't feel like riding my bike when it's freezing.

Nóry írta...

It's M55/ M55Y. Long enough to observe others and not so crowded:)

Andika írta...

I often do that too on busses,watching people. But I don't like agressive old ladies, sometimes they can be very frightening :)

Névtelen írta...

Yeah you are right, sometimes a whole Mónika-show takes place on the bus:D

Dóry8-))) írta...

I absolutely agree with the 'Mónika-show' idea. 8-D

I often travel by M55, especially in the morning. It's quite crowded that time. People standing like sardines in a little box. 8-P

So, if you want to be surrounded by people... ...travel by bus. 8-)

Good Night!