2008. október 18., szombat

Taste of 'bigcitylife'


Welcome home again. The fall break has already begun and I am very happy about it. Some days, when I don't have to worry about what to take home or to Pécs. In the summer I thought I wouldn't want to come home every weekend, I had enough of Kaposvár for a while. Well, I was wrong. I am always happy when I can come home, and the distance makes everything nicer here.:) In the last 6 weeks I realized some things and my point of view has changed a lot.

I like Pécs and I love big cities too so I decided to visit my friend in Budapest. I know her for 12 years, we have always been classmates since the first day at primary school. I came home from Pécs on Thursday and travelled to the capital on Friday. I had to get up at 5 a.m.!!! I couldn't tell the last time when I had to get up so early, it was horrible for me. Anyway I got to Budapest at 9:30, Viki was waiting for me there. We took the bags to her flat and then we started our shopping tour..:) We finished it at 7 p.m., yeah we can say it was looong :)We had a great time but this day made me sure that it was the right decision not to go there to university. As I mentioned I love big cities and yes, Budapest is beautiful, but I think it depends on from where.

We met some of my ex-classmates by chance and they told us that they haven't been at home for 3 weeks now. I couldn't imagine it. Anyway, it was fine for 2 days, not more. Later when I (hopefully) will have a job I want to live abroad, in a big city if it's possible but not in Budapest. Maybe later I will think differently and the distance will make Budapest as nice as Kaposvár is now for me. I wish all of you a nice fall break. Take care!

4 megjegyzés:

ĐǿЯą írta...

I had the same opininion about that, I thought I wouldn't miss Kaposvár and want to come home every weekend. But after the first week spent in Pécs, I really wanted to come home for the weekend and it hasn't changed since then. The distance made this town even prettier than it was.
I don't think I'll ever feel the same for Budapest, since it's just too big, noisy and unfriendly for me. But, who knows...

Unknown írta...

Yep, you may quite possibly land a great job in the future in a big city, and maybe have a house in a suburb? Where would that be, and what would the job involve? I wouldn't be surprised if writing were a part of it. Keep it up! Yummy, healthy looking paragraphs, too!

Nóry írta...

Well, it wouldn't take much time to find it out. A journalist in London, the city is big enough and writing is definitely part of this job:) And one more thing, I don't have problems with living in the center of a big city, I like milling crowds and I don't really care about noise because I feel like that something is always happening close to me but somehow just not in Budapest..

Névtelen írta...

hm-hm.I was born in Pécs.I've been living here for 20 years now.I do like travelling, I do like other cultures, but would never move to somewhere far away from it.I am a local-patriot as well not just a patriot.I know every corners of my city, anywhere I go I can face my life.And it is full of adventures, and as time passes by I discover more and more adventure, challenge to face.My role-model Hunyadi János flexes his tremendous bronze arm on the Széchenyi square.I always look at him with proud joy when I walk there.And sometimes I think he would be proud of me as well, but net yet.But someday!I feel.Also the Barbacane-garden and the Barbacane itself...I hardly name anybody who has never had a date here.May be I can...but I still think that most of Pécs's citizens have tried or will try once in their life.Also the Mecsek-mountain...the beautiful forest.The pond of Orfű, the thermal bath in Harkány...My family, my friends...are like trees..the part of the whole nature of this place.Good article Nóri, you moved some thoughts and emotions.