2008. október 12., vasárnap

Preparing for a journey by reading about a journey

This weekend was very good. I visited my grandparents and spent the evenings with my friends and sister. It is always good to go home and have some fun with the old friends. I like telling them about what it is like to live here in Pécs. So after this wonderful weekend I am having a rest and doing one of my homeworks.

We have to choose a book on Google and starting to read it. I and two of my friends are planning to travel to Paris in July for ten days to have a nice holiday. So I think of it a lot and I am getting interested in everything in connection with Paris or France. That’s why was the title ’France’. I have found a book called ’A Sentimental Journey Through France and Italy’. I started to read and so far I like it.

I made some researches and found some critisisms and interpretations. One of them is by Sir Walter Scott, may you find it interesting:
"THE STYLE employed by Sterne is fancifully ornamented, but at the same time vigorous and masculine, and full of that animation and force which can only be derived by an intimate acquaintance with the early English prose writers. In the power of approaching and touching the finer feelings of the heart, he has never been excelled, if indeed, he has ever been equaled; and may be at once recorded as one of the most affected, and one of the most simple writers—as one of the greatest plagiarists, and of the most original geniuses whom England has produced.”

I hope I will have enough time to read it. Have a nice day!

Nincsenek megjegyzések: